Ethos and Values
“Whoever welcomes this child in my name, welcomes me.” (Luke 9: 48)
At St Luke’s we care, share and learn together.
St Luke’s aims to provide a safe, warm and supportive environment where all children can reach their full potential. We have created a community spirit that includes children, teachers and non-teaching staff, parents, governors and the local parish. Our school prides itself on developing our children into well rounded young people who are ready for the next stage of their lives. Jesus said “I have come that they may have life and have it to the full” John 10:10 using our Catholic faith and modern British Values we have created a culture and belief that anything is possible and together we can achieve all that we desire.
Our Catholic Vision
A school where we ‘Care, Share and Learn’ together
The school community
- develops and delivers a creative and stimulating curriculum
- promotes positive Christian values through a Catholic way of life
- ensures each child is given the opportunity to fulfil their potential
- encourages and demonstrates appropriate behaviour and attitudes
- develops a deeper understanding of Modern British Values and respect for all
- strengthens the links between parents, our church and the wider community
To enhance our supportive moral framework within which every child can develop self confidence
- To encourage all pupils to develop lively, enquiring, imaginative and creative minds and high aspirations for their futures
- To enable pupils to become independent, self motivated, self disciplined, to show respect for themselves, for others and the environment.
- To assist our children’s spiritual growth in terms of their prayer life as part of their education/curriculum
- To embed an ethos of high standards and expectations of all members of the school community
Our Golden Rules
St. Luke’s Catholic Primary is committed to creating an environment where excellent
behaviour is at the heart of productive learning, and children feel safe and valued.
Everyone is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, to accept
responsibility for their behaviour and encourage others to do the same. Through our
values based on the Gospel, we aim for our children to become kind, compassionate,
We take responsibility for our own behaviour
Humility and Gentleness
We are gentle ~ We don’t hurt others
We are humble ~ We are not boastful or rude
Compassion and Dignity
We are caring and think of others’ needs ~ We don’t hurt anybody’s feelings
Forgiveness and Mercy
We treat others how we want to be treated ~ We don’t bear grudges
Peace and Unity
We are friends and work as a team ~ We don’t leave anyone out
We listen and work hard ~ We don’t waste our own or others’ time
Service to others
We are kind and helpful ~ We are not selfish
We look after property ~ We don’t waste or damage things
Faithfulness and Integrity
We are honest ~ We don’t cover up the truth
We always do our best!