Design & Technology
At St. Luke’s Catholic Primary School, we teach Design and Technology through Cornerstones and we aim to offer opportunities for children to:
- Develop imaginative thinking in children and to enable them to talk about what they like and dislike when designing and making.
- Enable children to talk about how things work, and to draw and model their ideas.
- Encourage children to select appropriate tools and techniques for making a product, whilst following safe procedures.
- Explore attitudes towards the man-made world and how we live and work within it.
- Develop an understanding of technological processes, products, and their manufacture, and their contribution to our society.
- Foster enjoyment, satisfaction and purpose in designing and making.
- Understand and apply the principles of a healthy diet.
- Understand where food comes from and the issues of seasonality.